Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Recap, Week 5

On to Month 2 of my journey!

Budget: I have been working hard at meal planning and organizing my grocery shopping and that has helped lower my grocery bill a little. I have sucessfully put a little bit of money into savings. This coming week I will tackle the cable company.

Diet: Ate well this week and have increased my time, speed and resistance on my cardio workouts and increased strength and reps on my free weight, month 2 workouts are underway.

Mood: Good overall despite the shortening days and impending season of doom.

I have a nice stretch of time ahead of me free of any planned diversions from my goals. I hope to keep my focus. I have also started expanding some of these blog posts into longer pieces, writing again (even if it is solipsistic) feels good. Thanks for all of the great notes of support!

2 comments:

  1. Annmarie - just a quick comment about the cable bill...a while back I had lost my job and we were trying to cut costs. I called the cable co and told them that I wanted to downgrade to "basic" (just the regular channels) and they offered me a reduced rate on the package that we had (which was the step above that). It was for 6 months and it was quite a discount. If I remember correctly, it was something like $20/mo. So, my advice would be to call and pretend that you're looking into downgrading and see what they can do! It can't hurt - good luck!

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bridget! I have heard that story froma couple folks. I have been holding off for the end of the Sox season in case I have to give up NESN :)

    ReplyDelete