Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello September!

Historically I have a love/hate relationship with September. No matter how old I get and how far removed from organized education, September will always bring the fond memories of new notebooks and new shoes, the promise of a whole new year of learning.

At the same time the days are getting markedly shorter and although temps in Boston are supposed to nudge back into the 90's today the smell of fall tinges the air, the wind is shifting (and I don't just mean the approaching hurricane).

I hate fall. Let me set the record straight, not all New Englanders long to wrap themselves in a Slanket and sip hot cocoa by a fire while dead, albeit pretty, leaves fall off the trees.

I have to work to fight off the dread of fall and not succumb to it with a gallon of ice cream or a brand new pair of boots I cannot afford. I need to keep my focus on my goals and hope my own accomplishments can shine a little light in my life as the sun starts to fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment