Monday, September 20, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

Same old lunch. I am in a serious lunch rut. While I have worked hard to come up with 4 or 5 weeks worth of rotating breakfast menus and am trying to cook new and exciting dinner options, lunch has fallen by the way side.

Since I began the diet over 6 weeks ago I have eaten either Greek Yogurt with fruit and granola or Cottage Cheese and fruit for lunch 5 days a week with the occasional turkey sandwich thrown in for excitement.

Part of this is keeping with the budget, these are very affordable options. Part of it is my brain is tired from all the other things I am trying to focus on and I can't be any more creative.

So I am calling all lunch ideas, no idea too crazy. If you have a quick easy lunch that is even remotely healthy let me know I will give it a try!

3 comments:

  1. I've had a lot of luck with the salad ideas in the Hungry Girl cookbooks. She also has a website. Salad is not always so easy or budget-friendly. One thing that helps is buying the Romaine hearts - they keep for a long time. My favorite HG salad is the cheeseburger salad. You mix chopped Romaine, tomato, red onion, and pickles together. Add a cooked and chopped garden burger with cheese. (I cook in the toaster oven to make crispy). Toss; I can actually do this salad without dressing. Adding just a touch of light ranch makes it taste like mayo. I was totally skeptical at first, but it really does taste like eating a cheeseburger! Healthy and very satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Add the slice of cheese after you cook the garden burger and let it melt a little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amy! I get Hungry Girl's emails but never go to her site, good idea! I could use a filling salad in the rotation for sure :)

    ReplyDelete