Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Fall Lineup

So every diet book and medical professional on the planet will tell you that television is evil. There are studies on how many more calories we consume while watching TV, on how sedentary we are while watching TV (apparently they have never seen me watch a Red Sox play-off game, I can get 10 miles worth of pacing in) and how we watch TV instead of interacting with the world.

Well, I am not giving up TV. I live alone, I am on a budget and can thus far still afford my cable, so I am watching TV. The trick is finding things to do while watching TV that are not eating. So, I present...

Annmarie's Top 5 Things to Do While Watching TV

1. Knit: I learned how to knit two years ago and I love it! Having the yarn in my hands makes me completely averse to eating for fear of getting food on my project. I always have a fairly easy project going that I can work on and still watch TV.

2. Paint my Nails: Fingers, toes whatever needs it. The time it takes to file, buff, top coat polish and let dry will get me through an episode or two. Then I am so afraid of messing them up I won't eat anything.

3. Exercise: You can actually move while watching TV, it is not against the law.

4. Laundry: Save those towels and socks to fold while watching TV, keep your hands busy and accomplish something at the same time. I used to do laundry on Thursday nights during the Friends/Will & Grace era.

5. ??? I am taking suggestions! What do you do while sitting on the couch watching the beautiful people on TV?

2 comments:

  1. 1. Pet the cat
    2. Pay the bills
    3. Iron
    4. Possibly do a little meal planning, grocery list making, if you are good at multi-tasking
    5. Roll coins!
    6. Clean your guns (there, I said it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent suggestions all! If I had a cat or a gun :) or an iron... But 2, 4 and 5 are definite additions to the list. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete