Thursday, September 2, 2010

All the Wrong Moves

Do you go to a gym? When you get there do you revert back to the awkward 11 year old in PE class who looks wrong in shorts and a t shirt and isn't quite sure what to do with a volley ball? Just me? I don't think so...

I go to a pretty bare bones gym, there is no juice bar and no yoga studio which I kind of like, I don't go to the gym to be seen. Most of the time I go to the gym to hide, to do my workouts in solitude without the prying eyes of skinnier girls. It seems strange to hide at the gym, the way I hide some of the awful things I eat, when I do go out in public and am not invisible (no matter how much I think I am).

Because I do not want to speak to anyone at the gym I have never asked for help. Sometimes I will glance askew at a woman doing something I think looks possible and then try to emulate it, but my repertoire of moves is pretty limited.

As I approach the 1 month mark of my diet I am looking to spice up my workout so as not to get bored. I have been cautious, not wanting to do anything that might cause too much pain and result in a slow down of my efforts, but after nearly a month of working out 5 days a week I feel better and think I can branch out.

I don't workout much at home due to my 3rd floor location, but my Comcast Cable has On Demand Exercise for free and I may try a few different strength and conditioning moves at home until I am comfortable enough with them to take them to the gym.

No matter what your fitness level just moving really does make a difference. I am getting at least 30 minutes of focused cardio a day and I feel so much stronger than I did a few weeks ago. I still look ridiculous, but I don't care as much as I did when I was 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment