Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Single in the City

Since I no longer have the money to distract myself with endless activities and shopping, I spend a lot more time in my apartment analyzing myself. I'm 36 and single and not only single, but really really single.

Now, I do not think that I am single because I do not look like a Supermodel, I know plenty of woman over a size 4 that are happily married.

Part of why I believe I am still single is that up until recently I really enjoyed being alone. I got a bit of a thrill out of living in the city on my own, proof that I was a strong independent woman who can handle anything. Except, as we all know now I wasn't really handling it very well.

This all started when I graduated from college and moved to Moscow, if I could do that I could certainly do anything on my own.

And I do like being alone. I recently visited my parents and the amount of talking and activity that goes on in their house was kind of overwhelming to someone who may go a whole day on the weekend without saying more than "thank you" to the person selling her her coffee.

So now that the diet and the budget are underway I have to start to think about finding someone to share my new fabulous life with. Perhaps someone who doesn't live in this state, so I can still have my alone time...

No comments:

Post a Comment