Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Shrink Those Bills

When I went over all of my finances with the credit counselor the only things he asked me to cut back on were entertainment, gifts/charitable contributions and my cable bill. The first 2 were more about keeping track of what I spend on those items and trying to stick to a set figure, not just spending willynilly whenever I felt like it.

The cable bill he offered up as a challenge. "See if you can cut your cable costs by $20 a month," said Joe, sounding confident.

Now I have already told you that I do not intend to give up television for my diet, I am certainly not giving it up for my budget. With the impending seasons of doom here in New England I need my cable.

So I checked out a website I had heard about called Bill Shrink. At Bill Shrink you enter your address and your desired shrinkage and answer a few questions about "must haves" and it scans all the local cable options and offers you the best bet to shrink your bill.

Bill Shrink has assured me that Comcast can offer me a decent package (not as thorough as what I have, but do I really need 6 versions of ESPN -- I might actually) and save me $30 a month. I did my own independent research and the package Bill Shrink offered me only appears to be offered to NEW Comcast clients, the age old cable conundrum.

I have not called Comcast yet, it is on my list for September, but Bill Shrink has at least provided me the ammunition to go in to the call.

FYI, Bill Shrink offers similar comparison shopping for telephone services and other utilities as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment