Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Recap -- Month 3

So, 3 months is a significant milestone. One quarter of the way through a year of living on a diet and a budget is something to stop and consider. I intend to spend some time today reflecting on the past 3 months and try to steer myself back on to a better path moving forward into the holiday season.

Month #3 was a bit of a disaster, the wheels came off the wagon so-to-speak and both the diet and the budget suffered. Now I am not lounging around with the remnants of several packages of Keebler cookies strewn about, but the progress of months one and two were not as obvious in month 3.

I did do some work this morning to check on the cumulative success of 3 months though.

Diet

  • I have lost 22% of my goal, which is slightly under-schedule, but nothing to sneeze at.
  • I have lost 14.5 inches of myself in 3 months. The majority of that in the 3 primary areas for girls (chest, waist & hips)
  • I have cooked many more meals at home than I was and discovered some healthy options I enjoy regularly
  • I have developed a very good exercise habit and have continued to challenge myself from month-to-month
Let's focus on the 2nd bullet: Although I have always been larger than I should be, I am grateful that I have always been proportionate. I do not carry all of my weight in one half of my body. I am thrilled that I seem to be losing it in proportion as well.

Yesterday, for fun I tried on jeans that are 1 size smaller than normal and not only did they fit, I didn't buy them because they were practically too big.

Goal: To wear jeans 2 sizes smaller than starting size by Christmas!

Budget
  • Completed enrollment in Debt Management Program and have settled all outstanding credit accounts. Simply maintaining monthly payments.
  • Set household budget
  • Over 3 months managed to stay (barely) under total household budget. Overspending greatest in Gifts/Entertainment.
Simply keeping track of my finances is a big enough accomplishment for me. After analyzing 3 months of spending I know where my problem areas are and will work to improve upon those (although the holiday months will be very difficult).

Mood
  • Alleviated overall terror of insurmountable debt -- that must count for something.
  • Feel more powerful and in control of my future.
  • Am terrified at this past month and how easy it was to not lose any significant weight despite keeping up my workout regime.
  • Am looking at holidays with mixture of joy and fear (that is pretty normal though).
I think that I have been happier over all these past 3 months. Channeling the fear and anxiety over these two issues into some productive gains has been really good.

The next time I do a 3 month recap it will be 6 months into the program, I am excited at the ways my life may have changed by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment