Monday, November 29, 2010

A New Size

So, in the midst of shopping for others, my mother made me try on some clothes so she could get me a few things to put under the tree. Also, my one Christmas gift request was for a new winter coat to replace my current bedraggled and much-too-big one.

As I may have mentioned I tried on a pair of jeans a couple weeks ago a size smaller than I was wearing and they fit. They were the stretchier denim though and I had no hope that I was really that size.

Let's start with the coat. The Macy's near my parents is not huge and their coat department rather small. They do not carry many sizes and I realized quickly I was likely going to have to buy a coat in a Misses size not a Women's size (guys out there don't try to figure out female sizing, it will just give you a headache).

I found a coat, it fits, my mother even agreed it did not appear too tight any where. It is red. I love it.

Then we moved on to clothes. I grabbed a pair of the new hip jeans, not the comfy stretchy ones I tried a couple weeks ago, in the smaller size. Not only did they fit, but they looked really good.

I found a cute shirt to go with them (also a size smaller) and a couple other items. Mom bought them and the coat.

Now, I can't gain the weight back or these things won't fit and mom will have wasted all that money. I am now using guilt to convince myself not to eat too much. Also, my budget cannot sustain buying another coat to replace the one that will be too small and it is cold here in the winter.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your pretty new coat! And congrats on new jeans too - jeans are SO difficult!

    ReplyDelete