Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Can I Work Out With the Sniffles?

So I have a little cold, emphasis on the "little". I really have an aggravated case of the sniffles. I did succomb to the mercy of cold medicine yesterday, but I had no cough and no fever. So I went to the gym.

I did a normal work out, but was certain to hydrate very well as the cold medicine dries you out normally. I disinfected all the machines when I left and I felt great. Exercise is a natural immune system booster, so if you are a little sick, a workout might do you good!

Never work out if you have any stomach flu symptoms (in fact try not to leave your house those germs are nasty) or a fever, your body has to work really hard to fight these types of illness and a workout will certainly not help. Don't work out if your head cold is causing dizziness or imbalance as you do not want to injure yourself (although a few miles on the recumbent bike might be OK).

Keep yourself hydrated and be sure to wipe down any machines you use with disinfectant.

I am so afraid of something derailing my workout regimen, I was happy this cold appears to be just a slight hiccup.

No comments:

Post a Comment