Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday

So today is for the budget what yesterday was for the diet.

In the same way I approached Thanksgiving with cautious optimism and a loosely structured plan I will now head to the mall.

This will be the first Black Friday without credit cards. I used to play the credit card game, fanning them out like a Vegas Blackjack dealer. I would pay down certain ones in advance of this shopping day and run them right back up.

Not this year, I have a limited amount of cash at my disposal and a list of "must gets" and off I go.

Despite these restrictions I still did not feel the need to be up at 3:00 a.m. Perhaps I value my sanity over pleasing my loved ones, but there is nothing out there at 3:00 a.m. that is a good enough deal for me to wander out in the cold and dark with certifiably crazy people. If you are one of those folks, more power to you, you clearly love your family more than I do :)

No comments:

Post a Comment