Thursday, November 18, 2010

Engaging

No one will mistake me for a swimsuit model any time soon, but after 3+ months of solid workouts, I have muscles I didn't know I had.

I can tell now, when I do strength moves, which muscles are being engaged and I can feel them doing more of the work. This is blessed news to my back and joints which used to do all of the work.

I am also able to engage my ab muscles when doing non-ab-related tasks, like walking on the treadmill. This helps strengthen my back and core and will prevent injury and pain, as well as eventually make me look better.

According to Fitness Magazine, one month of solid exercise will make you noticeably stronger. I definitely felt that difference at month one, now in the midst of month four I am doing things I didn't think I could do.

I still can't to do dips, but maybe in a couple months.

No comments:

Post a Comment