Friday, November 12, 2010

Back on Track

So, if you have been reading you know the past few weeks have been kind of rocky on the scale. Well, I am happy to report that I appear to be back on track, hitting my November 1st goal today just 12 days late, not too terribly bad.

What gives me great hope, amidst the fear of constantly having to count every calorie that goes in my mouth, is that I did not give up. I did not have a few bad weeks and say "Screw this, bring on the pie!" I didn't sit resignedly, with a pint of Ben & Jerry's, and mumble about being this way forever around mouthfuls of Chubby Hubby.

Instead I got back to tracking my food, upped my workouts at the gym and pushed through a plateau. Our bodies are strange and wonderous things and I won't know if the past two weeks were a plateau or the result of eating some extra calories, but for now I am at 25% of my goal. I only have to do what I have done over the past 14 weeks three more times and I will have acheived my big goal.

On the budget side I am saving an additional amount of money equal to the pounds I have lost thus far in my vacation fund. My next goal is on December 1 and that will be something what with Thanksgiving coming, but for now, I am more than happy with myself.

1 comment: