Friday, November 5, 2010

Kitchen Must Haves: Microplane Grater

I don't believe in spending a lot of money on gadgets, but there are a few must-haves for every healthy kitchen. One of my favorites is a Microplane Grater.

The one in the link is the one I own and I love it. It works on everything from ginger, to nutmeg to hard cheeses and citrus zesting.

With a couple swipes of the microplane you can infuse your food with a wonderfully deep flavor, making a boring healthy meal something delightful and exotic.

This one is not very expensive and I have had mine for over 5 years and it is sturdy and sharp as when I got it. I highly recommend one for your kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. Now I want one! I think the magic words are "grates ginger" because my grater seems to juice the ginger. Not the same at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginger is tough. I freeze mine and it grates better. Often times you do end up with ginger mush though.

    ReplyDelete