Thursday, November 25, 2010

Everyday Thanks

I try to be thankful year round, but it is nice to have a day devoted to the concept. While words cannot express how thankful I am for the love and well being of those around me, I can express thanks for a few more mundane items in life.

Here is a short list of everyday thanks.

1. My Job: I know I like to bitcha bout it, but I am very grateful to have one and to be able to manage and support myself on my own.

2. Treadmills With TVs: I have the attention span of a 5 year old at the gym, I can do 40 minutes easy though while watching an episode of Dr. Oz.

3. York Peppermint Patties: I'm kind of addicted.

4. Boston: Living in a city gives me so much joy, extra exercise from not having a car and an endless source of entertainment.

5. Yarn: Learning to knit was one of the great joys of the past couple of years, it gives me a useful productive way to relax and is a portable affordable hobby I hav brought all over the world with me.

6. The Library: The source for all of my books and DVDs, the library is a warm welcome light in my life, saving me money and providing me an endless source of information and entertainment.

7. Ramler Park: This tiny little gem of a park down the street from my apartment is the perfect respite when city living is too much. Grass, benches and water fountains make it an ideal spot to read, meet friends, picnic or just watch the clouds.

8. The Internet: Al Gore knew what he was doing when he connected the whole world together. Recipes, budget advice, celebrity gossip and more help fill my mind.

So while today is about the big concept, try to find something in your regular day for which to be thankful. It makes life a little sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment