Thursday, October 7, 2010

Look How Pretty!

A couple weeks ago I mentioned that I was going to swap my dinner plates for smaller (prettier) ones that I had stored in a hard to reach cabinet. This turned into a huge overhaul of the biggest cabinet in my kitchen. Here is what it looked like before:

I did a massive purge, took everything out and debated whether to keep it or not. Things that were not kept and in decent condition went down to the laundry room where tenants of my building swap things and I am happy to report that everything I left down there has gone to a happy home here in the Fenway.

The remaining items and the smaller dishes were returned to the cabinet in an orderly fashion:

No more reaching over things to get to what I need, risking breakage and major annoyance. Everything is where it should be.

I cannot tell if using the smaller plates is making any difference in the amount of food that I am eating, but the more organized cabinet is definitely more relaxing to deal with.

There is much left to organize around here, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment