Friday, October 15, 2010

Game Day!

So tomorrow I am going to a Homecoming Party at the home of one of my father's colleagues. This will be the first party I have attended on the diet and to say I am wracked with fear would be putting it mildly.

I have succeeded these past 9 weeks by doing my best to control my surroundings. Out of sight is out of mind.

Last night I ventured into a restaurant where I used to eat many many fried things and I held firm (9 weeks without fried folks). I don't know if that resolve can hold up to a whole afternoon of food just out for the grabbing.

I've read all the tips about surviving a party, some of them help and some don't:

Drink in Moderation

Tomorrow I will be with my parents, so while I will likely have a drink I am certain not to get drunk, which eliminates a lot of calories and drinking too much lowers your inhibitions and reason with food.

Eat Before You Go

Having a good healthy meal beforehand is a good idea in theory, in reality I think I eat just as much and then have consumed even more calories between the meal and the party food.

Load Up Your Plate With Veggies

I will always put some veggies on my plate, but like the suggestion above I just eat them in addition to the junk food.

My one hope is that I will be too self conscious to eat too much. I won't know anyone there and there is nothing more stereotypically pathetic than the fat girl eating all the desserts. I will try to warp my food issues in my favor this time, I might be a little psychologically damaged, but maybe I won't overeat.

1 comment:

  1. You could always wear something that's a little too small around the waist so your level of discomfort will prevent you from eating too much...

    ReplyDelete