Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mmmm Tasty

If you have ever attended a Weight Watchers meeting or visited their website you may be familiar with their slogan: "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."

I ran that mantra through my head last night over and over again to try to talk myself out of buying a huge bag of Halloween candy and eating it piece by glorious piece.

I am nowhere near thin yet, but I am so happy with the changes I see in the mirror and in my clothes. I do feel good, physically and emotionally, about what I have done in 3 months.

But I really wanted candy. I could taste it and it tasted pretty damn good. I spent a good hour imaging the caramel and the peanut butter of the various treats inside a mixed Halloween bag and then my mind drifted off to pizza for a few minutes, before returning to the crispy rice inside a Nestle Crunch.

After the hour or so had passed I was not so motivated to get dressed and go to CVS. I only ate my allotted 3 mini York Peppermint Patties, but I hate the idea that food can grab my attention and tempt me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment