Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday Recap -- Month 2

First of all, I cannot believe it is Sunday again, this week was a blur. Month 2 brought a bit of a sophomore slump to my plans. As noted, this past week had some pitfalls for the diet and while overall my budget was fine for the month I definitely loosened the reigns and have to come up with a plan for Christmas to keep from overspending.

Diet: Tuesday is the official Month 2 weigh in date. I am 1 pound from meeting my goal and I consumed a large amount of delicious pasta last night. I will focus today and tomorrow and get some good workouts in to try to counter the pasta and knock off that last pound, stay tuned Tuesday to see if I succeed. Favorite meal of the month -- turkey chili.

Budget: I was under budget overall, but over budget on transportation (took a cab when I should have planned better) by $20 and entertainment (told you that one would be tricky) by $7. I bought a coffee maker and have been making my coffee (inspired by Lisa's coffee embargo) and that has freed up some cash during the week.

Mood: The complete despair of fall has not arrived yet. Work, while stressful, is moving along OK and I have no real stress-related reasons to eat or spend which is good. In fact I feel a little bit content (a foreign feeling in some ways) and can't let that lead to laziness.

Hunger: I am eating enough calories, hunger only creeps in when my plan goes awry and I don't eat on time or when I have long chunks of unscheduled time. I plan to start ramping up my work outs for Month 3 and will see if I need more calories to balance them off.

Overall a successful month, not as exciting as Month 1, but this journey is all about endurance. It is a marathon, not a sprint. Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions, you are kind lovely people.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it feels like a sophomore slump, but it certainly appears like continued success!

    ReplyDelete