Friday, October 22, 2010

Girls Night In

I am blessed with a fabulous group of girlfriends, all of us with hectic lives. Every couple months we try to get together for Girls Night. Often at a restaurant where food and drink are consumed we catch up and share and laugh. Depending on the restaurant and how much alcohol we consume, these nights can run $50 or more.

Since I am not the only one watching my wallet these days, we have decided tonight to do Girls Night In. We will gather at my place for food and drink (much cheaper than eating out) and we can linger and chat as long as we like without drawing the ire of whatever post-modern waiter we happen to have.

Girls Night In is a great idea for the budget conscious. You can rotate houses and themes. Try one of these:

Cocktail Night: Have everyone bring an ingredient or two to try some new concoctions.

Manicure Night: Everyone brings their favorite nail polish colors to share. (I recommend doing the nails before the cocktails).

Game Night: Bring snacks and break out the board games, you know you have the Game of Life tucked away somewhere.

Chick Flick Night: Invite Bridget Jones or one of these others to join your group for the evening.

The options are endless. Tonight I can't wait to have many of my friends in one room!

No comments:

Post a Comment