Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Packing Away Summer

So apparently we have moved right on to winter in New England and I am faced with my typical problem of not having seasonally appropriate clothing at the ready. This year creates an interesting question: do I pack away my current summer clothes or get rid of them in anticipation of not fitting into them next year?

There is a part of me that wants to purge all of my clothes from the past summer, but there is the annoying voice of inevitable failure in the back of my mind telling me not to take that chance because buying a new summer wardrobe in the same size next year will be torture and a waste of money.

What I will do is compromise. I am going to toss anything even remotely worn out or past its prime. Things I would keep as last resorts or cleaning the house clothes will go away now. Anything in good condition will get packed in a box ready to be donated at the first hint of success.

Like many women I have a few different sizes in my closet at the same time. I will need these transition clothes as I go. I hope they are seasonally appropriate at the right times...

No comments:

Post a Comment