Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March On

It is March! When I think of my favorite months of the year, March is like #3 after July #1 and May #2 and December is #4. I like the 31 day months, gives me hope that something good might happen on that extra day.

Here, in no particular order, is why I like March:

  • I love the smell of mud, seriously, I do.
  • The days get longer, in fact on 3/12 we spring ahead and on 3/13 sunset won't be until 6:51 p.m.
  • The birds and squirrels go crazy when they can actually access food.
  • There are no fake holidays touting everlasting love and crap, just a good old fashion drinking party on the 17th. And no groundhog.
  • Spring training baby! On the news last night I saw actual footage of a baseball game.
The first day of a month is full of so much promise. And after the months of hibernation following the holidays I am excited to get out and enjoy March. First step, Zumba class in 90 minutes...

3 comments:

  1. Possibly the only thing George Bush did in 8 years that I celebrate, he moved the fall back date later and the spring ahead date earlier. Bring on the daylight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny... I loathe March! I used to plan nice vacations in March because I always got the doldrums. It's 5 weeks and there is no day-off holiday! And I always find the weather horrible! So, thanks for a different perspective especially since this year there is no vacation happening!

    ReplyDelete