Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hump Day

So it is Wednesday. And historically Wednesday has been a tough day for me diet-wise. If I get off to a good start on Monday and Tuesday I often reach a level of boredom on Wednesday that is palpable. I want a treat, I have earned it by eating carrot sticks and yogurt for 2 days.

Wednesday is the fulcrum on which the whole week rests. If I hold steady, keep the week even and balanced odds are it will be a successful week, if I give in and let the week slip it can come crashing down on me.

I am off to a good start this week. I have stuck to my meal plan (including both carrots and yogurt by the way), worked out twice (Zumba week 2, woo hoo!) and feel good about it. In the back of my mind though is my fear that tonight I will just break down and order pizza.

I have to push through this mid week slump so I can see some positive results to jump start my efforts.

5 comments:

  1. I hear you! This is often the night we break down and order pizza too. Because I work later on Wednesday, I'm less motivated to cook too. So it's easy to say "ok" when my husband asks if he should pick up a pizza? I wish I had an easy solution, but it boils down to making a conscious choice to break bad habits. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Conscious choice indeed! Instead of going home and caving in to takeout, I plan on stopping at the grocery store and walking home, getting good food and a workout in one go. I just need some focus in the store. Do you eat the carrots and yogurt together? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far so good. I have food in house that will be tasty and not super labor intensive, I hope I have the willpower. Good luck ladies!

    Ingrid, I do not eat the carrots and yogurt together, although I do have hummus on the list for next week because plain carrots are getting super boring....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ended up having him stop by the grocery store and pick up a Newman's Own Roasted Garlic and Chicken thin crust pizza (he had discovered it on his own during another trip) @ 270 cals per third of the pizza. Paired with a colorful salad, it definitely helped get over hump day with a balance between indulgence and healthy. Of course, the key is to eat only your portion and pack up the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am bad with pizza and portions, but you definitely made the better choice nutritionally and likely financially too :)

    ReplyDelete