Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Zumba Take 1

Yesterday I took my first Zumba class at the gym. The class was taught by an adorable man from Costa Rica, so it had a very Latin feel to it. I know some Zumba classes have a more African feel to them, but this one was definitely more Latin.

The whole class was about an hour and 15 minutes and there were only 5 of us in the room. The moves were all doable, varied in intensity and covered every part of the body so I was never overwhelmed. The music was great and the teacher did a great job with a room full of beginners.

What is great about Zumba is that it is a full body work out (and I feel it in many different places today) and you can up the intensity without changing the routine just by exaggerating the moves or holding your muscles tighter. And you will get muscles from this work out.

I am going back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment