Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Shopping Hangover

I went shopping this weekend. I had had a rough week and I had a couple store coupons that were expiring at the end of the month and some money I had saved from holiday gifts that I could legitimately spend without touching my budget.

Now I feel hungover and guilty about the spending. Should I have saved that money in case something happens? Did I really need those things?

Altogether I spent $200 and about $50 of that was on gifts for others which I could actually work into my budget. I bought a few items of clothing to fit my smaller body and some yarn for future projects. I didn't do much damage, but I did it quickly and with a mindlessness akin to eating 4 Cadbury Cream Eggs in one sitting.

I clearly have impulse control issues. Why? How do I reverse this cycle of binging and guilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment