Monday, March 21, 2011

Buying Smaller Clothes: Inspiration or Waste of Money

Last week while visiting my parents I saw a dress I really liked for spring/summer. It was sleeveless and would not be appropriate until at least the end of April (Easter) or later depending on the temps. I did not buy it as I wanted to wait and see what size I am at that point, vowing that if it was there and it fit me well at Easter I would buy it then.

Flash forward to this past Saturday when my mother came to visit me here in the city. She presented me with a bag containing the dress in a size smaller than I would ever have considered buying. I expressed my concern at successfully losing enough weight to wear this size (which I have not worn since high school) and my mother assured me that I could do it.

I am happy to report I can get the dress onto my body, but it will be much more comfortable and look much better when I lose some more weight. In the mean time I am choosing to consider this a motivating factor and not a waste of my mother's money.

In the past I have done this, bought myself things that don't quite fit yet and failed to ever wear them. I still have some of them and hope to get in to them this time around.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the key is to throw away the larger clothing so that you have no choice :)

    ReplyDelete