Monday, March 28, 2011

Write it All Down

As I have come to realize over the past 7 months, I have to live like this for the rest of my life. I am not able to let go of this focus on my diet or my budget ever or both will balloon back to where I started.

One of the tools I have got to learn to embrace is a food journal. Every eating plan in history will tell you to write down everything you eat and I have numerous times over my life. Many of those journals I still have and I will consult them when I am looking for meal or snack ideas.

This time around I started with an online food journal and there are tons of them out there for free on the interwebs, but I only stuck with it for a couple months and then faded.

I realized this weekend if I do not write down everything I eat I will continue to sneak in too many treats and blow the hard work I am doing at the gym. So today I dusted off a journal I got as a gift and am going to start afresh.

I am going back to pen and paper for a couple reasons. First, I can carry it with me and write down my food any time. Also, I spend all day in front of a computer, I need time in the evening away from the thing, so sitting here logging my food does not appeal. For many the online options are much better than the old fashioned journal, to each her own. Just write it all down!

No comments:

Post a Comment