Monday, March 7, 2011

Count Down

As much as I joke about wanting winter to be over I generally do not wish my life away. I try to enjoy the journey as much as the arrival at the destination. In an effort to focus a couple of my life goals I am setting up countdown calendars in my apartment. Every day I will rip away a number from 2 different calendars counting down to specific goals and try to reflect on whether or not I did anything that day to help or hinder that goal.

I can't take credit for this idea, it came from the MTV show "I Used to be Fat" where the trainer hangs a countdown calendar the size of a desk blotter on the kids wall. Mine won't be quite that gaudy, but I do like the idea of quantifying what I want to accomplish.

The professional goal is 56 days away and the weight loss goal is 145 days away (Bermuda here I come!).

This might seem like a silly time wasting project, but I have clearly lost my focus these past couple months and these two goals are helping me sharpen my resolve, I want to buy into that as much as possible. So I will dig out my craft supplies and make myself some calendars!

No comments:

Post a Comment