Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Class Mentality

This was week 3 of Zumba (my how time flies when the weather is improving) and I really love it. Not just the exercise and the benefits of that, but the other women in my class and the guy who teaches it.

For so long I have worked out in anonymity, out of embarrassment or fear, but being in this class is breaking me out of my shell. The people in my class are so cool and nice and are so much more worried about how they look or which steps they miss to worry about me.

Being in a class also motivates me to try harder. I have always been good in a class setting, I excel at that, so I try harder than I might with a DVD in my living room. Also, my living room is on the 3rd floor and my neighbors might not like me jumping around for an hour, so the class gives me a chance to really let loose.

The next 3 weeks have me over scheduled on Thursdays, so I will only get my Tuesday Zumba fix and the class is not terribly well-attended (which I love as it gives us more room and more personalized attention) so I fear they may cancel it. Those of us that go are very vocal about how much we like it though. I am really making this a highlight of my workout week now!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's not more popular - Zumba is so trendy right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the demographics of my gym aren't very typical (lots of body builder men not a ton of women) and they did away with classes for awhile which might have driven more women away, they are easing back into classes and trying to get the interest back.

    ReplyDelete