Monday, January 3, 2011

The Lost Weekend

Actually it was a lost 3 1/2 days. 3 1/2 days when I thought really of nothing, I crossed some mundane tasks off a list, went to a really great party and spent the next 2 days sitting.

The story really begins with the french fries. If you have been reading my blog you know I had not had a french fry since I began in August. Well folks, that streak is over.

I went to dinner Thursday night at a local place that has many many fried things on the menu. I specifically asked the waitress for chips instead of fries (I know chips are fried too, but it is a matter of degrees). I got fries. I didn't send them back. Partially because I was starving by the time I got the fries and partially because it was a holiday weekend and what difference does it make.

Well I slipped and I hate myself for it and the weekend devolved from there. I am not sure of everything I ate, I didn't even attempt to write it down. Even being at a party where people who hadn't seen me for awhile commented on the change in my shape didn't inspire me to try to recover over the course of the weekend, I just let those few french fries dictate the slide.

So now it is Monday and instead of rested and rejuvenated and ready to take on 2011, I feel gross and weak and pathetic. So much for 2011 being the year of fun, I clearly cannot handle fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment