Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Recap: Month 1

January seems to have gone on forever, yet I can't believe it is over. We have had our share of winter weather and I had my share of festive parties at the beginning of the month. I do consider the end of January to be the biggest hurdle in getting through winter, February is a short month and even if it snows in March we know it won't be around for too long.

So, good riddance January!

Diet: I have established my new post-holiday baseline. I lost the few pounds I had regained over the festive weeks and have re-established goals for myself moving forward. I have a good gym routine back in place after being away for most of December, but I am still struggling with food. I am definitely indulging too much, not just on special occasions, but also on like, Wednesday. So February will be all about re-instating the meal plan and, here is the tricky part, sticking to it.

Budget: For the first time in a couple months I came in under budget overall for the month. I was over budget in 2 areas: Groceries and Entertainment. Since the first two weeks of this month included New Year's Eve and Russian Christmas I will let that slide. They were not the sole culprits, but a big part of that spending.

Mood: I go back and forth on winter, some days I find it so depressing all I want to do is eat an entire box of Thin Mints and sometimes I find it delightful and wondrous. Getting past January will lighten my mood. February has a couple festive days and is a short month. I am also going away for a couple days to visit a friend, so something fun to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment