Thursday, January 20, 2011

Finish What You Started

I have a problem finishing things. I have no end to the number of unfinished knitting projects, writing projects and other creative pieces floating around my laptop and my apartment. I am sure a good therapy session would explain my fear of finishing and my love of jumping into new things, but we don't have time for that here.

I was watching an episode of I Use to Be Fat (mentioned here on Tuesday) about an 18 year old boy form Illinois who lost 80 pounds over the summer before he started college. He was a sweet kid and looked and felt great when he had dropped the weight, but what struck me so much was this comment: "I am proud of myself, not just for losing the weight but for finishing something and not giving up."

I actually got a little teary. How often do I just give up or get bored or think I am wasting my time with so many things in life? More than I would like actually. So 2011 is going to be all about finishing things!

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a common problem - we are so excited to jump into something new, but soon it is no longer new and we lose our steam.

    ReplyDelete