Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Goals

Several years ago my good friend told me she did not make New Year's Resolutions, she set goals for the upcoming year instead. I liked this concept. Resolutions tend to be vague: Get Healthy. Appreciate What I Have More. Give to Charity. Goals are more concrete.

I like to list my goals in writing somewhere where I can reference them throughout the year and can evaluate them come next holiday season. This year they will be scrawled in my date book, but they will also be here for you all to see and hold me accountable.

Annmarie's 2011 Goals

1. Attempt Drawing: This was on last year's list and was the only thing I really failed to make an effort at. I bought the supplies and drew a few lines, but then stashed the sketch pad away. This year I will give it a valiant effort.

2. Write Something & Attempt to Get it Published: Last year I stopped at write something and I wrote lots of things, but I never finished anything and I never attempted to publish it.

3. Knit My First Sweater for Myself: There are other more mundane knitting goals on the list, but this is the big one.

4. Save Enough Money for a Vacation: It may only be a weekend away, but I want to go somewhere this year. I have been saving as part of my budget and I hope to have enough by summer to go somewhere for a couple days.

5. Lose X Pounds and Maintain Weight Loss: I am not giving you the X here, if you really want to know ask me and I will tell you, but suffice it to say the harder part of this goal is the 2nd half. Last year I lost and gained and lost more pounds than the figure I am attempting this year, the key is keeping it off once it is gone.

There are more of course, maintaining my budget and things like that, but these are the big 5, the focus of the next few months as I try to start 2011 positively.

No comments:

Post a Comment