Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Recap: Week 1

So, you may be confused. You have been reading this blog for months, how are we back to Week 1? New Year, new commitment, starting fresh. I am not going to forget the strides I made the past 5 months, but from here there will be a refocus and jump start... well next week there will be a jump start.

In a lot of ways this past week was a lot like the beginning as I was very focused at the gym, but had a hard time with food and money. The holiday month loosened a lot of inhibitions and I worked this week on at least getting the gym habit back.

Moving forward I am only going to blog Mon - Fri, so Fri will be re-cap day. Here goes:

Diet: As I mentioned I got back in the gym with focus and feeling some good results. Food was another issue. I did fine for breakfasts and lunches, but dinners were pretty bad all week and there are still some treats around here. This weekend will be the last holiday party for awhile and I will purge all the treats Sunday.

Budget: Thanks in large part to my company's holiday gift and some gifts from my parents, my big party this weekend is not hitting the budget. I am keeping a separate budget on it though so I can plan for future years.

Mood: I was very anxious this week, mostly about work, the hardest part of my year is right in front of me and I am dreading it. Also, I am torn between fearing the end of the holiday season and looking forward to it. There is something to be said for quiet time in the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Can you plan some healthy activities for the vast empty prairie that is winter? I signed up for some new workout classes to keep me motivated and busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let's try to think of some tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete