Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010: A Retrospective

I often use this week between Christmas and New Year's as a time to reflect on the year past and make goals for the new year. I take stock on places I have gone and people I have met, professional accomplishments and personal milestones.

I left home this year to go to Michigan, Florida, New York, Connecticut, Bermuda, Chicago, Maine and New Hampshire by car, plane, train, boat and bus.

I navigated an increasingly difficult work environment while only driving my friends slightly mad with my complaining.

I improved my knitting skill and turned a new hobby into a big part of my life, completing homemade holiday gifts for all of my family. I taught myself 2 new and useful techniques and had countless hours of entertainment with friends over a ball of yarn.

I tackled my debt and inability to budget. While this is certainly not the end of my debt I feel confident in moving forward with the plan in place and barring major financial hardship I can see the light at the end of that tunnel.

I reinvested in my health goals with more focus than I have had in years. This was not something new to me, my apartment is littered with food journals from the past few years, started in earnest and abandoned after a couple weeks.

I have a new niece, an adorable happy baby that in her 7 weeks on the planet has already brought me much joy. I watched my other nieces grow and change, each year of their young lives so important while it seems mine move quickly and with little difference.

2010 had plenty of happiness, but it was rife with hard decisions and fervent planning. I am approaching 2011 with more whimsy. Stay tuned for my 2011 goals tomorrow...

1 comment: