Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Target Practice

I often complain that downtown Boston is lacking in a big box store (preferably Target, but even a Wal-Mart would be OK) for affordable household items and such. Buying cleaning supplies and such at Target is generally cheaper than the grocery store or CVS.

The problem with Target is the temptation factor. Having everything you could ever need in one store (including groceries at many locations) leads to over spending. No matter how strictly you try to stick to your list there is no way to get out of Target without a few items you were not planning on buying.

So, perhaps I should be glad there is not one more conveniently located to home.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, but on the other hand, if I can get to a Target more frequently I am less likely to buy everything in sight. If I know I won't be there again for a while I feel like I should get it all while I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good point, I maybe hit a Target 3 or 4 times a year and it is a spending frenzy!

    ReplyDelete