Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Recap

The holidays are by no means over, I still have 2 large festive gatherings to come, but I stepped on the scale this morning and balanced the check book last night and since I failed to blog over the weekend I thought I would do a Sunday-style recap for the holiday season so far.

Diet: I have gained and lost the same 2 pounds for the past month. I am up 2 pounds from my lowest weight right now, but still4 pounds under my personal barrier set in my mind back in early November. Last week I stuck to a good eating plan right up to Christmas Eve and then allowed myself whatever I wanted for the 2 days of Christmas. I was both proud of myself for eating and exercising earlier in the week and satisfied and content with my holiday treats. On the way back to Boston yesterday I did a grocery shopping full of healthful foods for the week leading up to New Years and while I will likely not venture out in the snow today to the gym I will do a workout here at home.

Budget: I will likely go over my gift budget for the year, but I am well under what I have spent on Christmas for years past and I paid for all of it with cash without deferring any other bills. A week at my parents alleviated some of my household expenses so I am a little ahead in other categories and for the first time in many years I used the money my grandparents gave me for Christmas to buy something fun (yarn to attempt my first sweater) instead of putting it towards the bills that were piling up.

Mood: Typical Christmas stress eeked in last week, but over all the holiday was pleasant and relaxing with friends and family and snow! I love this week between Christmas and New Year's, it is a time to look back at the year that was and look ahead to what is to come and I feel really good about both those things this year.

I hope all of you enjoyed the Christmas holiday (or the quiet if you don't celebrate Christmas) and are looking forward to a festive New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment