Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Work Out at Home

So yesterday I was here at my parents' house by myself almost all day. It was snowing pretty steadily and my first two plans of working out were dashed: walking down to the subdivision near here for a long walk at lunch or driving to the local Y and getting a trial pass for the week.

Around lunch time I was going a little stir crazy. I went out and shovelled the walk and though it was snowing fast and furious the snow was very light and hardly any effort was exerted. Then I remembered the wonders of On Demand cable.

If you have cable you have a world of exercise videos at your disposal. I went down to the living room in the finished basement and selected a 30 minute cardio workout.

Before I began I did a couple jumping jacks to ensure that my exercising would not disrupt any of the Christmas decorations and then I hit play and 30 minutes later I was sweating and feeling good.

I ate 3 healthy meals and allowed myself a small ice cream treat in the evening, not a bad day over all!

No comments:

Post a Comment