Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Shape Ups

Is anyone wearing the new "shape up" sneakers? The ones with the balance ball technology that is supposed to shape your calves and butt while you walk?

As you may remember I considered buying them earlier this fall and balked for fear of causing pain or injury by veering from my standard walking shoe, but I confess to being tempted once again.

Now that I have lost some weight, I am interested in toning and shaping a little more than I was at the beginning. I am focusing my strength and conditioning time on my arms and middle, but something that would also work my calves (which are strong and ugly) would be a bonus.

If anyone has tried them, good reviews and bad, please let me know. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair of the Sketchers shape ups. They really work -- at 1st, I could only walk for about 1 mile before they made my calves ache. It's a good concept b/c you are always walking on a slight incline, which will definitely condition your body.

    That said...at $100 a pop, they are not cheap, so you should think about how often you will really use them. There are so many hills in SF that I tend to not want to wear them when doing hardcore errands b/c it gets tiring. Although I suppose those are the instances in which I SHOULD wear them, LOL.

    My double pennies: I really like them but have actually USED them far less than I thought I would. So I think it's a great investment if you honestly think you will use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks PV!

    I am glad I did not get them as my primary sneakers and they are pricey, but maybe if I get a little holiday cash they would make a good investment :)

    ReplyDelete