Monday, December 20, 2010

Home for the Holidays

So I came home to my parents' house on Saturday and will be here until Sunday after Christmas. My parents have lived in this house for 33 years, it is the only place I really call home.

I moved out of this house shortly after my 17th birthday to go to college and have made brief residential visits since then (one summer during college and a while after returning from Russia in '96) but for the most part my parents house is a place I come to relax and enjoy my family.

I think of it as a bed & breakfast of sorts, where the owners are the most important people in my world. I am often pampered and entertained here in a way I cannot and do not pamper myself at my own apartment. This often includes food.

No matter how firmly my mind is set on maintaining my diet I instantly want a treat when I get here. Couple that with this being the week of treats like no other and I am chasing my preverbial tail to not gorge myself.

The weekend was full of holiday events, but now it is Monday, my parents are at work and I am working from here and trying to fall into my normal eating routine and hopefully sneak in a work out if I can...

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! Maybe you could take a lovely wintry outdoor walk. Are you going to try out the YMCA?

    I feel the same way about my parents' house. When I say 'home' that's the place I mean, not where I live. All of my fitness efforts will be done while using my parents' Wii system. Let the gaming begin!

    ReplyDelete