Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What Motivates You?

Last week I blogged about whether or not fear was a successful motivating factor in getting healthy. All the talk of death and disease does not always work on me, I get overwhelmed, convinced everything could potentially kill me and I need a Snickers bar to cope with the stress.

So what does motivate me? What motivates you to get off the couch and work out during this stormy winter when an afghan, a good book and a pie would be much more comforting?

For me, it is the hope of success. To be able to say in August that I tried really hard for a whole year and I lost X pounds. To finish something I started, or at least to have seen something through as I have no real hope of ever being done with this particular battle.

In other motivational news, my parents rented a beach house for 2 weeks in June, so a mere 4 months from now I will be living in a bathing suit, I really want it to be smaller than last year's.

2 comments:

  1. I'm motivated by the anticipated benefit - feeling healthy, being strong, continuing to fit in my clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very positive motivations! Trying to look like the Cheerios on Glee would be a not-so-positive answer :)

    ReplyDelete