Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snack Attack

I should know better by now. I cannot keep any kind of snack food in my house without overeating. This week I went to Trader Joe's (home of the seemingly healthy snack options) and I bought a box of chocolate chip cookies and a bag of wasabi peas and a bag of sesame snack sticks.

I ate the cookies over the course of 2 sittings, the entire box. The sesame sticks and wasabi peas I mixed together and brought the majority of them to a friend's house (where I ate quite a bit) the remainder I put in a jar to snack on throughout the week and finished them yesterday.

These things are now added to the long list of items I cannot keep here. I cannot keep chewy granola bars or any kind of cookie or candy. I cannot keep cheese and crackers or potato chips. I must buy all of these things as single serving items or I will eat the large container in an absurdly short amount of time.

Buying the smaller sizes is not cost effective, I know this, but sometimes the budget is less important than the diet.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me to get over the mentality of buying in bulk. Yes, I will buy that 24 pack because it's $.03 cheaper per serving, and visualize myself eating them spaced out over a month. What really happens is what you described. And if you eat fewer servings overall, you'll end up saving money right?

    ReplyDelete