Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Move It!

I am a firm believer that the first step to a healthier lifestyle is simply that, a step. Moving your body a little bit more today than you did yesterday is a good positive lifestyle change.

This article on Yahoo identified some common lifestyle activities that can or cannot be considered exercise.

And while it is an interesting read I stand by my statement that any step is better than no step. So, while folding laundry is not considered exercise if you opt to fold your laundry in front of the TV instead of just sitting there, that is a positive change.

I do not consider knitting to be exercise, but I do consider it a positive change to my TV viewing habits, knitting while watching TV is much better for me than eating while watching TV. It is all about perspective!

No comments:

Post a Comment