Thursday, February 10, 2011

How Tightfisted Are You?

I receive an e-newsletter on frugality and financial matters as part of my debt counseling. Last night I took the "How Tightfisted Are You?" quiz submitted by a reader.

Like every quiz of its type, from "Who's Your Perfect Mate?" to "What Eye Shadow Color Looks Best on You?" I scored in the middle.

Questions ranged from "For dish detergent you..." and the options included making your own, which lets face it, I won't be doing to "For food storage you..." and one of the options was reuse Ziploc bags, which I do do on occasion depending on what was in them.

It got me to thinking about my frugality over the past 6 months. I am by no means a role model on spending yet, but I have developed some good habits and while I have been sticking to my budgeted savings plan and not dipping into that savings I am not sure I am maximizing my savings vis a vis my frugality. I think I am able to do more fun things with money I am saving on dish detergent. No one said I was going to become a financial genius over night, right?

2 comments:

  1. I definitely reuse ziploc bags. I use so many of them daily that if I didn't, it would cost a fortune and fill a landfill. In terms of savings I think a lot of little changes will add up over time, even if it doesn't appear obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting quiz. Care to share the link?

    ReplyDelete