Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spring Into Shape -- for Free

If the gym is not in your budget and you are looking to work off some winter weight, check out this article.

All of the calorie burning suggestions in this article can be achieved for free. You can dance at home to the radio (and trust me I should only dance at home, in the dark). Now that it is light later you can take a walk after work. Your local library likely has yoga and Tai Chi DVDs for free and depending on where you live there may be community groups that offer sessions of one or the other for free or at a low cost.

I love my gym workouts and do not consider them a chore, but rather a blessed break from my day. I know not everyone feels the same way about the gym. Despite my love of the gym, the increasingly nice weather inspires me to get out and try new things and as my fitness level improves I am always on the look out for a new challenge.

I can't wait to see what I am capable of by the end of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment