Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh Carbs How I Love Thee

Let me count the ways: bread, muffins, crackers, cookies, pancakes, rice, pasta and more!

I love carbs, there is no doubt about it and while I have successfully lost weight with low-carb diets in the past it is not a sustainable lifestyle for me.

I have done a good job of enriching my carbs with whole grain options, brown rice instead of white, whole grain breads, but I cannot seem to cut back significantly. Yesterday I made pancakes from scratch and they were so delicious.

Of course part of the problem with carbs is the butter and or cheese and or heavy sauces that often accompany them. I didn't just eat 3 pancakes, I ate 3 pancakes with butter and syrup.

I will continue to struggle with carbs no doubt, but hope to find a balance so I can enjoy my favorites without binging.

No comments:

Post a Comment