Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Big Failures

So yesterday I wrote about my small victory and today it is all about the big failure. If you were to put these two items on a bar graph they would likely come out equal, but in my mind the victories re always tiny and the failures monumental.

Last night I ate a lot of junk. For the first time in a while I just binged on junk, hardly any of it had any nutritional value and while it tasted good in the moment I feel terrible today, both physically and mentally.

Why? Why would I do something like that? After months of trying to curb my binge eating and feeling so good about my smaller clothes. That old Weight Watcher slogan "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels" is a load of crap, that food tasted delicious last night.

I did not have a particularly bad day at work. I wasn't bored or stressed over anything. I was hungry when I made the decision to purchase the junk and perhaps if I had eaten slightly more during the day I wouldn't have been so easily tempted, but I can't figure it out.

Today is all about righting the ship. I can't fast today as that will just confuse my body and mess with my metabolism, but I am going to try to eat healthy whole foods today, nothing sweet or processed and try to train myself back to normal.

Luckily I had a great work out yesterday and hopefully mitigated some of the damage.

1 comment:

  1. Annmarie,
    It was just one day of binging out of many, many days of hard work and healthy eating. It happens and it's not so bad. Try not to beat yourself up about it. Good luck and keep up the good work!! You're an inspiration!
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete