Thursday, May 5, 2011

Working Through the Pain

I'm getting old. In fact, as of the writing of this post I am the oldest I have ever been. I find myself succumbing to the aches and pains of aging. I can feel the humidity in my knees and the cold in my shoulder.

Each work out brings different pains. Some of them good, the twinge of muscle pain that proves I did something productive. Some of them are bad, the Achilles pain that is the remnant of an old injury. Luckily none of them have kept me out of commission.

In fact, when I work out the pain seems to be somewhat relieved. Every time I think I should skip a work out to rest and then convince myself to work through the pain I inevitably feel better.

This is good as I hope that these workouts in my 30's will get me strong and fit for my truly older years.

No comments:

Post a Comment