Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'm No Yogi, And I Think I Have a Boo-Boo

So last night was yoga class number 1. Now I realize there are lots of different kinds of yoga, the class I chose was taught by someone who practices contortionist yoga. I have pain in places I didn't know existed before.

It was interesting because it was physically challenging in a different way. I am getting fitter by the day, I can run for short periods of time now, I am strong. Balance and flexibility are low on my fitness chart though, which is why I decided on yoga.

One of the things I like about yoga is it is easy to track your progress: this week I could not get my foot behind my head, but maybe next week!

I also spent so much time worried I would hurt and/or embarrass myself that I don't think I was tuned in to the spiritual side of the yoga. I totally accept the spiritual side, I do think we are one with the elements, but I was much more concerned about sliding out of Downward Facing Dog and breaking my face.

I bought a Bloomspot coupon for 10 classes for $30, which is a great deal. I used gift money for it so it was a treat and not a huge investment in trying something challenging and new. I will go back next week, maybe it won't hurt so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment