Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Contest: Creative Recycling

So I am hosting my first contest here at 4 to 40! I am looking for the most creative reuse of a grocery item container (i.e. a mayo jar or toothpaste tube).

I read an article today with some really clever reuses for items which save money and keep things out of landfills.

I will post a bunch of these ideas next week, but in the meantime show me what you got! The winning idea gets a $5 Starbucks card for the summery coffee treat of your choice. Deadline is Friday at 5:00 p.m. so get thinking...

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to think more of a grocery store item container, but I figured I'd post something to get the creative juices flowing...The cashiers at Roche Brothers always secure certain containers with green elastics. I have an overflowing ocean of these elastics swimming in my kitchen drawer. I think I stole this from a magazine, but I wrap an elastic around each end of my hangers to use as non-slip hangers for blouses, silky shirts, etc.

    By the way...love thinking about this...just today was talking to a Green Building architect who said that the greenest building is that one that isn't built at all!

    ReplyDelete